SKUS has been implementing RERMP-2 project in all upazilla of Cox’s Bazar, Khagrachari, Bandarban and Rangamati district with the financial assistance of LGED since January 2015. The major services include income generation and business skills development; skills development training on practical nutrition , homestead vegetable production and , hygiene etc.; training on practical nutrition and reproductive health for adolescent girls (12-18) , newly web women and young mothers; identification and referral of severely malnourished babies , children under 5 years and pregnant mother and lactating women ; training on social awareness raising programme and training on education drive to encourage primary-school age children.
Expected Results /Outcome of the Project
The project targets poverty alleviation through employment generation among ultra-poort of Bangladesh through cash for work, capacity building and monitoring, livelihood development, social empowerment, micro-saving of the beneficiaries of the project. Therefore, the project aims to achieve the following result
- Result-1: The beneficiary women and their families have means to enjoy decent standard of living.
- Result-2: Health and physical well-being of beneficiary women and their families is significantly enhanced.
- Result-3: Improved empowerment and participation in society by women beneficiaries and their family members.
- Result-4: Rural road network maintained.
Components of the Project
The project has two components. The components are as follows-
- Cash for Work (CFW) and
- Capacity Development work
the following outputs will be generated over the project period through implementing the project by SKUS:
- A total of 1890 ultra poor female beneficiary of RERMP-2 have achieved skills in income generation and business development;
- 1890 beneficiaries achieved improved skilled in Practical nutrition, home stead vegetable production, hygiene etc.;
- 100% adolescent girls (12-18) , newly wed women and young members (RERMP-2 family members) in 189 unions have their education on piratical nutrition and reproduction health;
- 100% of severely malnourished babies, children under 5 years and pregnant and lactating women in 189 unions identified and they have vertical and horizontal access to referral services;
- All 1890 ultra poor women beneficiaries are aware about social issues and
- 100% primary-school age children of RERMP-2 beneficiaries on 189 unions are attending school.
Activities as assigned organization of SKUS :
- To collect list of beneficiaries from each upazilla
- To appoint training supervisor , facilities following section-8 of this TOR, who will be posted under the guidance executive engineer, LGED district
- To assign the responsibility of training supervisor facilitators within the district, upazilas and union
- To organize the training of women crews in a convenient place within the union consultation with UE
- SKUS will submit the monthly progress report to the Project Director, RERMP-2 with a copy endorsed to the xen at district level and review the program activities with PD time to time as and when required
- SKUS representative will attend the monthly coordination meeting chaired XEN at district level and review the progress of training activities etc